Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Light is shifting Spring is near...

Spring. Ah yes that magic time of year when the earth seems to slowly be waking up. The first sign of Spring is the light. The sunshine is brighter and warmer. Oh and my favorite, the sun is up earlier every day and so am I! I think the position and strength of the light is one of the most important parts of feeling the nuances of each season. Winter is dark, the days short and the nights cold and long. Spring is filled with promise. The promise of the coming gardening year, days stretching into weeks of basking in the sun, tending the garden, long walks on the beach, collecting seashells, sailing in a stiff wind and not being cold! The image at the top of the page today was in an ad for one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie. I loved the sentiment of a Butterfly emerging from a cocoon and the lovely artistic bent to the illustration. I feel like that butterfly. Every year around this time I know intuitively the steps I will need to take to get ready for the coming season. This year I will be migrating south as well as waking up from the long cold winter on the Tundra. I hope I will be as successful as this butterfly and soar high in the sky, flitting from one flower to the next. Right now my life feels like Spring, filled with hope, light and plenty of magical surprises.

No comments: