Friday, February 8, 2008

Favorite Store - Ornament in Bath, Maine

I am a fan of "Boutique Home Stores". I am enamored with this fact; usually a woman or group of women have a dream to create the perfect Home and Design store. With all of the terrific books and magazines they almost have a built in clientele. Having made this bold statement, I know myself, being a designer I can never have enough shops to explore, books to read or magazines to peruse to satisfy my endless curiosity about Home and Garden Design. Pure inspiration!




Whenever I travel I stumble upon these gems. Yesterday I stopped in at a favorite haunt, a fab store in Bath, Maine called Ornament. I happen to know the owner. She is delightful and fills her shop with beauty and fabulous finds from around the country. Some old, some new, all have a sense of elegance with a touch of bringing the outdoors in (My Fave!) Gayle Hunt has created an inspirational little shop in the historic shopping district.



I like how she breaks up her space into room-like vignettes. Some areas feel like a chic Bath/Powder Room another area is set up as an intimate Sitting room or Bedroom and scattered throughout there are several over-sized tables that become cool Garden Potting Table arrangements.





I am delighted by her merchandise, colors, and expertise. It is fun to have a store that also doubles as a design laboratory. Keep up the good work.








Ornament is located at 11 Centre Street. Bath Maine. FMI 207.442.6636 Stop in when you have a moment you will not be disappointed.

No comments: