Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eastlake goes Cottage Chic...


Wow, I had so much fun transforming this Eastlake Style Mirror into Cottage Chic on Saturday afternoon. I decided to paint it white, and add some shells I had collected this summer down at Hermits Island. I think the effect is lovely. Very simple process. I used Titanium White Acrylic Paint, my round #8 brush and about 2.5 hours worth of my time. First I wiped down the frame, and if the finish had been glossier I would have used some liquid Sandpaper for my first coat. However his mirror was in rough shape. Shoot it had been made in about 1880. I was lucky the original glass and most of the medallion features had made it this far! I painted the frame White, then glued the shells onto the bottom, and added the one large shell to the top left. I then painted the shells white. Viola' Cottage Chic. Try it, it is fun! I am happy with my afternoon project, and I know that after breathing new life into it I will enjoy it in a whole new way.

No comments: