Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Intention Tree Ornaments



Ah... Christmas, that magic day when everything is picture perfect. I love to see everything just so before the crush of people, paper, presents, champagne glasses, and sometimes the sheer pandemonium of the moment. I have a few special traditions that I have hung onto for many years.


In early December I go out to a field or forest, and cut down a small Fir Tree. The parameters are simple, it must be small enough to fit into the back of my car and perfectly symmetrical. I am never disappointed and always find just the right one. I bring the tree home, place it in a bucket of water, inside of a beautiful urn which is placed upon the table chosen for that year. Next I get out a pile of manila hang tags, that are pre-strung with white string. I place them on a tray with a vase of various colored pens. Next is the real "Christmas Magic'. When guests come over I ask them to create an "Intention Ornament". The instructions are simple, on one side you write 3 wishes. One for the world. One for your community and One for yourself. On the other side of the tag you create a holiday or winter design, and autograph it. Here is the cool thing, the concept is based upon Tibetan Prayer Flags.
I believe as they do in Tibet that if you put your intentions and wishes out to the universe, the law of attraction kicks in and WOW, the world could possibly be a better place. Happy Holidays.

No comments: