Sunday, December 23, 2007

Arty Moments 2











I have so much fun photographing at my sisters house. Sheila is an assemblage artist. Her work is very personal. She often uses photos of her family, some from many generations ago for the base of her creative endeavors.
She has an interesting home, filled with magic and artistic moments.
Photographing in her home is always interesting, I will usually photograph at the beginning or the end of the day, that is when the natural light reaches deep into the rooms. Sometimes I can find a cool still-life on a book shelf, sideboard or an antique cabinet.






Her bookshelves are an interesting mix of curiosities, and lovely objects, as well as thought provoking reading material. She has a big job, and I am never sure where she finds the time to be so prolific in her creative and artistic works. She is one cool cat.

No comments: