Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holiday Traditions




After I have put away the last dish and straightened up after Thanksgiving Dinner, I turn my creative self over to the "Holiday Season". I like to re-create the placement of these holiday treasures that make their way into various rooms of my home every year around this time.


I pop the Charlie Brown Jazz Christmas CD in and and WOW, it is "Christmas". I find joy in using what I have in many different ways.Some years I go all out, others I use just silvers or golds. The mantels and table top being the main focus. My favorite Holiday Beauty is a wreath I made from a box of antique ornaments I had.


It is a treasure trove of holiday magic. I always notice something different or new when I look at it. These traditions help me to find the joy in the season, and looking upon these holiday decorations always brings a smile to my face and a lighter heart.

No comments: