Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cloches... Objects Under Glass.


I am totally smitten with Cloches. They can make an everyday object, special and give a museum style to displaying your favorite things. Goldfish live under glass on a pedestal in my kitchen it is an arrangement that always makes me smile. Some of my guests think it is odd but friends who are young and young at heart delight in the absurdity.



I especially like to display nests with an unexpected object where the eggs should be. A nest with a small white pumpkin makes it not only seasonal, but high style in its own natural way.


Cloches have a magic way of telling a story, an apple under glass can evoke images of Snow White.




Something as spare as a single rose in a simple vase seems extra special under a cloche.


You can start your collection at TJ Maxx, HomeGoods and quite a few specialty shops. They can cost anywhere from $15 for a smaller size to $40-50 for a larger to largest size.

No comments: