Thursday, May 8, 2008

Personal Space, a photographers vision...


















Sarah Szwajkos is a talented photographer, and a very special friend of mine. I admire her work and her passion. She has created a collection of photographs of people's personal space. The photographs offer an intimate glimpse of lives being lived. Her approach is unique. She does not style a shoot, she studies the space and then finds the best angle to tell the story. When I was moving from Green St. she asked if she could come over and shoot my house as I was moving out. I had seen her work and knew she would tell the story of my space and the de-constructing of my home.



















Sarah been an Art of Photographer for many years. She has studied with Master Photographers including Amy Arbus, Joyce Tenneson, Jean Pagliuso and Paul Caponigro to mention a few. She is inspired by personal spaces and how people occupy that space and sees photographs wherever she goes. Sarah is a treasure I am impressed with her work and her ability to convey the energy of the objects or space she is photographing. She has slide show galleries on her website and they are fantastic. If you would like to view her collection from the Green St. House, click on Galleries then click onto Green St. Take the time to look at her other collections.
Oh and think about this, wouldn't it be fun to hire her to shoot your personal space?
FMI:
damnrabbitstudios.com
Sarah Szwajkos
207.232.8541
sarah@damnrabbitstudios.com

No comments: