Monday, April 7, 2008

Transition can be fun...



"I'm thinking often of you in your car full of beautiful things and rocks and a crow and 50 wine glasses....the stuff of a great memoir." Senator Lynn Bromley. My dear friend Lynn sent this to me a few days ago. Our friends are dear, our friends are funny, and our friends can sum up the whole of our lives in a single sentence! Lynn is a fun, funny and interesting gal. We laugh, side splitting sometimes. I am lucky to have people in my life who ground us. My friends ground me.

Today it has been one week since I left the Tundra. It makes me think of how blessed I have been to have a true tribe of friends who have become a modern and chosen version of family. This connection has helped me to be strong in the path I have chosen to take. I am in North Carolina, but still am decompressing on the Outer Banks. My sister Sheila and her friend were kind enough to offer me a spot in what I think is a fantastic house. So fantastic in fact I will be writing about this space, from a design perspective most of the week. I feel so lucky to be here. I will take many photos of all of the guests and all of our adventures. Life can be fun, we have to relax, take it in and expect everything to turn out as it is supposed to, because it does.

Thanks to all of you that have emailed, phoned and sent messages. It means so much to this girl in the middle of a life transition. I am OK!

No comments: