Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finding a Nest...

Finding a new place to reside is never an easy task. I have spent my life living in fabulous historic homes in wonderful places. I lived many years on a farm which was an amazing experience. However most recently I examined "How I want to live". It was work to really look at all the corners of my wants and wishes. I decided in this phase of my life I wanted to live in the city. Not just any city, but a place with skyscrapers and jazz clubs and a performing arts center. I wanted to live in a city that was walkable. The cool thing is I have found that perfect mix. Uptown Charlotte. What a place. I am going to take a space on the 24th floor of a building called "The Avenue." It has everything I want and a view of the city and beyond by day and the night time view is sparkly and makes me feel like I am on a dreamy movie set. It is exactly what I had envisioned. It feels like an Airee ( an Eagles Nest). Unimpeded views, a south western exposure. Ummm I cannot wait to start furnishing. The space is modern with dark hardwood floors. It will be interesting living in the clouds, living with less and exploring this new and interesting chapter in my life!

No comments: